A personalized 1-on-1 Approach
or in groups of up to 6 people
How Can Energy Therapy and Healing work?
Energy Therapy can help you improve your overall well-being through its multi-dimensional and personalized approach. You can be supported by a qualified practitioner, and you can also learn to support your own healing.
Take a moment and check in with yourself. How is your body feeling right in this moment? If you’re generally healthy, check in for subtle symptoms. Is your neck feeling tense? Does your lower back ache? Do you have a headache? Are you exhausted — again? Are you feeling overwhelmed with the stress in your life? Are you worried that you are feeling depressed too often? Are you having trouble sleeping? Is anxiety present in your life? Or perhaps you’re battling a more serious health diagnosis and you’re experiencing symptoms from your health condition.
Whether you’re experiencing the nuisance of a minor physical symptom, the more concerning stress of a serious health condition, or simple curiosity about how you might improve your physical energy and immunity and increase your longevity, your body is built to heal itself.
The Body Knows How to Heal Itself
Your body is wonderfully equipped with natural self-repair mechanisms that are under the influence of your own thoughts, emotions, beliefs and images. It knows how to kill cancer cells, fix broken proteins, slow aging, eliminate toxins, flight infections, get rid of foreign bodes, and otherwise keep you healthy. Dis-ease manifests when these self-repair mechanisms stop functioning the way they know how.
One of the main influences on your overall well-being is your nervous system and its two operating systems – the sympathetic nervous system and the parasympathetic nervous system. Unfortunately, most of the time the “fight-or-flight” stress response of the sympathetic nervous system is dominant in our life, while the relaxation response run by the parasympathetic nervous system is limited. And, it is only when your nervous system is in a relaxation response that your body’s self-repair mechanism function.
The sympathetic nervous system and its stress response is there to protect you in case you are being chased by a wild animal. But these days this is highly unlikely to happen to you. However, our stress responses get triggered on average over 50 times per day. There is a part of your brain that perceives negative thoughts, emotions and beliefs, such as financial fears, work stress, relationship worries, loneliness, or pessimism, as threats equally scary as a wild animal. Then your stress response kicks in, and our bodies can’t repair themselves. No wonder we get sick.
Reiki translated from Japanese means “Universal Energy, Energy of Life”. It is a hands-on healing technique that reinforces the body’s natural ability to heal itself on all levels, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. If you decide to learn Reiki to for self-healing or to help others, you can expect these as a result of the treatments:
- Relaxation and sense of calm
- Faster or complete healing
- Pain reduction or elimination
- Increased energy
- Better immunity
- Deeper connection to self
- Feeling of self-empowerment
It should be noted that Reiki is not a substitute for medical or psychological treatment but effectively complements them.
What can be treated?
Because there are no known contraindications, Reiki is used with a wide range of conditions and even available in many hospitals across the US. Reiki Training is offered as a continuing education modality for nurses and other medical staff. It has the potential to restore balance in the:
- Body: any illness or injury, allergies, especially pre- & post-operation
- Mind: stress, depression, anxiety, negative thinking, insomnia
- Emotions: grief, low self-esteem, anger, fear, inability to connect
The Role of Alpha Brain Waves in Healing
Alpha Brain Waves are defined as brain waves that cycle between the frequency 8 Hz and 12 Hz. They are the dominant brain wave activity when your body and mind are able to relax. If you have ever practiced meditation, yoga, tai chi, chi gong, or experienced energy healing from an experienced therapist, you have experienced alpha brain waves. If you close your eyes for a minute or so, your alpha brain wave activity will significantly increase. As you open your eyes, the more stressful beta brain waves become the dominant pattern. In comparison, as a child you will have had significantly greater amounts of alpha brain wave activity than you have as an adult. They are considered to be the healthiest brain wave range, and yet for the majority of people alpha brain waves happen to be the frequency range that is the most lacking. Things like environmental stressors, fear, anxiety, tension, and overworking tend to deplete your alpha wave activity.
Benefits of Alpha Brain Waves
- Relaxing Thoughts / Relaxed Body – The alpha brain wave is produced when your body calms down and your mind is completely relaxed. Your brain’s thinking is slower, your mind is clear and you may even feel slightly tired. Your body relaxes as your parasympathetic nervous system is activated. You feel less stress.
- Access Creative States – Artists, innovative thinkers, and singers are generally found to have higher alpha activity than the average person. Thus, with the cultivation of alpha brain waves, you have greater access to your own inner creativity.
- Enhanced Problem Solving – Alpha waves integrate both hemispheres of your brain for better communication and clearer thinking. By cultivating your alpha waves, you can tap into the power of the intuitive, right-hemisphere of your brain.
- Calming, Centered Emotions – Alpha brain waves will put you into a calm emotional state. You will feel more content and centered. If you are stressed out or overwhelmed, cultivating alpha will stabilize intense emotions and you will feel better about yourself.
- Optimal Athletic Performance – If you are an athlete, you could significantly improve your performance by cultivating some alpha brain waves. There is published research showing that just before a golfer hits their best shot or a basketball player sinks a shot or an elite marksman make a perfect shot, alpha activity bursts in the left-hemisphere of their brain. Increased alpha waves indicate being “in the zone.”
- Reductions of Fear, Tension, Stress, Nervousness, Anxiety – If you suffer from any of these challenges, increasing your alpha brain waves will help you immensely.
- Being in “the Flow” – Being able to access “flow” means that you are able to tap into a state of mind where all of life’s events seem to pass smoothly and all challenges are overcome effortlessly. “Flow” is a period of time when you do not have any resistance or problems. You feel balanced and grounded and feel that you are at peace with yourself and everything and everyone around you.
- Ability to Tap “Super-Learning” – The ability to learn quickly and effortlessly has been described as the phenomena of “super-learning.” Basically, your brain is able to remember and recall information with less effort than normal. Alpha waves will allow your brain to retain large quantities of information. This is due to the fact that both hemispheres of your brain are integrated and communicating with each other when your alpha brain waves are active.
- Improved Immune System Functioning – Your alpha brain waves are responsible for amping up your immune system. They have been linked to health, recovery from sickness, and serve as protection from stress-related illnesses. Stress can quickly damage your immune system if you go for long periods without taking time to relax, and thus increase your alpha brain waves, your immune system is likely to suffer.
- Think Positive – Research indicates that positive thinking and positive emotions result from increased alpha brain wave activity.
- Natural Anti-Depressant – Alpha brain waves allow for increased release of an important neurotransmitter called Serotonin. When you feel depressed, Serotonin production usually drops to lower than normal levels in your brain. In fact, most anti-depressants aim to increase low levels of Serotonin in the brain. And, if you can do this yourself or with the help of a therapist, why take the medication?
- Internal Awareness – Alpha brain waves are associated with an increased awareness of your self: body, mind and emotions and less focus on external events.
When you learn energy healing and incorporate it and certain meditative practices and bio-energetic exercises into your life, you will naturally increase the amount of time spent in Alpha.
You can learn Self-Healing 1-on-1 with Melina in private courses tailored to your specific needs. Learn to direct and work with your own life force energy. This is complementary to any medical treatment you may be undergoing.
21-Day Reiki Self-Healing Course
In this 21-Day Reiki Self-Healing course, you will receive daily emails with accompanying short videos to guide you through the regular practice of self-healing.
Reiki Levels 1-4
Learn about mind, body & spiritual healing through Reiki with an Usui/Tibetan-lineage Reiki Master Teacher online or in-person, 1-on-1 or in small groups.
Advanced Healing Techniques
This workshop is open to Reiki Level 2 (and above) Practitioners and practitioners of other healing modalities.